ABFitnessEquipment.co.uk

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
My website http://www.abfitnessequipment.co.uk/ selling fitness equipment and sporting goods.
Currently running on heavily customized nopcommerce v1.20 with literally hundred of things modified on front and back end and hundred of things in the list.
14 years ago
Who are you using to host the site? (I'm currently looking for a host).

Thanks

Ian
14 years ago
It's a dedicated server in states. let me know if you need their contacts
14 years ago
Hi AB Fitness,

I took a look at your site and the design and aesthetics are superb - congratulations; really, really impressive. Site runs quick too. That is a css and graphic design masterpeiece.

I am using shared hosting and the load time (if the site has been inactive for a day) is horrible (over 1 minute). If the site is being used, it's fine. Any suggestions to improve this?

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Thanks for your comments.
Regarding the delay in loading website after some time of idleness it's ASP.Net problem rather than nopcommerce or hosting. Once it's accesed at least once in 20 minutes it's fine and it's usually not a problem for a live site. If it still bothers you  have a look at asp.net keep alive services
14 years ago
very nice site.....did u do te graphics?  I need need theme developers for my clients
14 years ago
i bought it as a skin for another ecommerce platform i was going to run my website on and just converted it for nopcommerce when i decided to use it instead.
14 years ago
very, very nice.

Cheers

Mike
14 years ago
ProMax,

If you are still having the issue with the load time of your shopping cart if it has been inactive for awhile here is a solution that I used to fix the issue.

I had read that you could use an ASP KeepAlive Service that pings your server every so often (like 10 minutes) but I didn't want to use anything like that, it seemed like a hack to me so instead I found this:

You can change the settings in IIS to keep your Application Pool from Shutting down worker processes after being idle for a given time.

To change this setting you'll need to have access to IIS where your website is hosted. If you have a virtual dedicated server this should be no problem.

In IIS on the left pane expand the Application Pools Folder(located inside the local computer icon), Highlight the Application Pool you are using and Right Click and select Properties. Select the Performance TAB at the top and the top check box should be Idle Timeout. Uncheck the box that says "Shutdown worker processes after being idle for (time in minutes):" and click Apply. After initializing your website again (just open it up in a i.e. browser), you shouldn't experience the delay issue any more (it might be slow on that initial load, but after that, never again).

If you don't have access to IIS contact your hosting company and ask them to update that setting for you.

Hope that helps.
14 years ago
very great
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.