Email Configuration Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi All,

I was trying to find the workaround on the email configuration issue.
I am using the following

Store Admin Email:  adminemailid
Store Admin Email Display Name:  display name
Host:  name of local smtp relay server
Port:  25
Username:  BLANK!!!
Password:  BLANK!!!
Enable SSL:  UNCHECKED
Use default Credentials:  UNCHECKED

We have a local relay smtp server which takes anonymous messages and send them.
I tried using the above method to configure the email settings
But i still get "Failure sending mail. " message
while i debugged the solution i figured out the detail problem
following is the exception thrown:
"Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it serverIPAddress:25"

Other application using the same relay server works fine and sends emails however its only for this application it throws the above error.

kindly suggest if i am performing anything wrong which is preventing the application from acessing the server.

Thanks
12 years ago
Rash2cool wrote:

kindly suggest if i am performing anything wrong which is preventing the application from acessing the server.

If you are working with local smtp server, you can try to add to web.config this:

----------
<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory">
        <specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="C:\inetpub\mailroot\Pickup\" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>
-----------

Then check C:\inetpub\mailroot\Pickup folder. If your messages are there, the problem is smtp server configuration.
12 years ago
Issue resolved.

The firewall on the server was blocking all the mails. rest other settings were just fine. :)
But still i couldnot figure out why the google smtp server configuration didn't worked. was it aslo related to the same problem ?

Thanks for your inputs.
12 years ago
Atidan wrote:
But still i couldnot figure out why the google smtp server configuration didn't worked

Have a look https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5197/mail-settings-for-gmail.aspx#21033
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.