Development server to production server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have developed the nop commerce site on my local machine with sql express. I am now prepared to upload it to a hosting provider.

My question is after uploading the site and and running a sql script for the database, what else need i do. Set permissions ....?
14 years ago
yes. give read/write permissions to the following files/folders
1. \files
2. \Google
3. \images
4. \images\thumbs
5. \ConnectionStrings.config
6. \web.config
14 years ago
Thank you for your quick response.

One more question. The only place I need to place the connection string for the database is  in the file ConectionStrings.config, is that correct?

And the correct format is:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=ServerName\SQLServerName;Initial Catalog=DataBaseName;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=LoginName;Password=LoginPassword;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

Thanks,
Chuck
14 years ago
Yes, that is correct
14 years ago
Hello all. I have installed nopCommerce 1.20 on my local machine and it runs PERFECTLY! However, once I FTP'd it to the hosting server, I've got nothing. I get the 500 error saying internal server error. I have updated the connectionstrings.config file and even had Network Solutions load the database. <--- I called and told them I couldn't migrate the database to their server so the support rep told me to create a backup and load it onto the server and they would take care of it.  Is it a possibility that the database is not loaded yet and that is the reason for the error? I installed nopCommerce into the root directory and not as an application. Could this be the reason for the error?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.