BEWARE! Sagepay in 1.90 Does Not Work BEWARE!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Please see this Thread for a number of people having the same issue with the sagepay forms module.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9914/how-to-configur-sage-pay-in-19.aspx?p=5#42276

Is there any chance that this can be address by the Nopcommerce Developers??

This is a major issue for anyone choosing to go with Sagepay as there is a module already in place that simply does not work, but works with the sagepay simulator so from a testing prosective everything seems ok for your client to then sign up for a full account and then to find the Testing and Live Server forms intergration simply does not work with Nopcommerce..

If any of the Nopcommerce Developers can help resolve this it would be fantastic before anyone else runs into the same problem and finds themselves in a rather embarrasing situation.

Regards Rob
12 years ago
My understanding is: nop 1.9 was nice but bugs are not fixed, sorry..
12 years ago
Actually, it works fine with SagePay; I'm using the Server add-on for my client, and others are using the Forms version - have a look at subsequent entries here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9914/how-to-configur-sage-pay-in-19.aspx?p=7
12 years ago
IndigoTea wrote:
Actually, it works fine with SagePay; I'm using the Server add-on for my client, and others are using the Forms version - have a look at subsequent entries here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9914/how-to-configur-sage-pay-in-19.aspx?p=7

Hi Indigo,

This is a warning to say that the standard Module that is supplied with Nop 1.90 for Sagepay does'nt not work out of the box, yes, you can modify the code and get it to work, but out of the box it does'nt work.

Many people have found out, and that Thread you referance also confirm's it does'nt work out of the box.

This is not the Nop Development team's fault, Sagepay have changed the way that the Testing of the implementation is required, they require you to do a Test Transaction, the module points to a Simulator server and the Live Server only, it does'nt allow you to point it at the Test server in order to complete the transaction test sagepay require, this leave people only able to send data to the live server if they uncheck the Simulator option, because sagepay will not set up the payment types on the live account/server for your merchant account until you have processed the Test Transaction the Live Transaction will fail to process...

The solution to this issue is to change the URL from the Simulator to the Test Server, once you have completed your test Transaction and sage pay set-up your payment types then uncheck the Simulator which points to the Test Server Url and then you will be ok, but, the problem is changing the Simulator URL to the Test Server URL, this requires coding changes to the Module.

So, to my orgional point, beware, Sagepay does'nt work out of the box without code changes!

I don't want to see others getting caught out and not understanding the issue in hand, Indigo, I understand that you have written code to make the server intergration work and I'm not saying you cannot get it to work, simply that it does'nt work out of the box.

Rob
12 years ago
And do you have that code? Want to share it?
12 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:
And do you have that code? Want to share it?

Hi,

No, not for form's intergration, I could not as others have tried also to find the URL changes required in the Code.

However, Indigo does have some code that allows for the Server intergration to work and has been activly helping people to try and get this element to work.

If I ever do manage to have the time and find a solution to the form's intergration I would certainly put it on here, I think that the module now needs to be rewritten though to meet the new Sagepay Criteria.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.