Checkout options

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi
We are looking at options for an ecommerce solution and NOPcommerce so far seems to tick alot of boxes.
Have a question though on checkout process.
We have the following scenario:

1) We would like to sell a "subscription" e.g $10/month for a service
2) I envisage that the store will have a couple of products. And I can see that a user will select the subscription product (no quanitity value) and then checkout.
3) We would capture some registration details like the default ones and then also some custom registration fields such as "Company Trading Name" etc. - can we customise the registration process ?
4) We may decided to not do the payment online and do it offline as the recurring billing could be too difficult to do upfront - can we have an order submitted cutting out the payment and shipping steps and then just do the payment offline ?

I couldnt see much in terms of shopping cart config in the back end, and not sure if this is possible. Our store is unique in that we arent selling a physical product, but a service - imagine like a cell phone data plan. From our point of view the purchase will result in some enabled or disabled for the customer and not a product being sent to them physically.

Do you think nop commerce will work for us ?

Thanks!!
12 years ago
I'm guessing you would make it so that they have to registar to make the purchase and make sure they fill out all of the fields for the inforamation that you need. May have to customize the fields to get all the required information.

Mark
12 years ago
essjaye22 wrote:
Hi
We are looking at options for an ecommerce solution and NOPcommerce so far seems to tick alot of boxes.
Have a question though on checkout process.
We have the following scenario:

1) We would like to sell a "subscription" e.g $10/month for a service
2) I envisage that the store will have a couple of products. And I can see that a user will select the subscription product (no quanitity value) and then checkout.
3) We would capture some registration details like the default ones and then also some custom registration fields such as "Company Trading Name" etc. - can we customise the registration process ?
4) We may decided to not do the payment online and do it offline as the recurring billing could be too difficult to do upfront - can we have an order submitted cutting out the payment and shipping steps and then just do the payment offline ?

I couldnt see much in terms of shopping cart config in the back end, and not sure if this is possible. Our store is unique in that we arent selling a physical product, but a service - imagine like a cell phone data plan. From our point of view the purchase will result in some enabled or disabled for the customer and not a product being sent to them physically.

Do you think nop commerce will work for us ?

Thanks!!

Define it as a Recurring product (in Admin>manage products> AddNew/EditItsProductVariant>Product/ProductVariant Info tab) and disable (uncheck) Shipping enabled
For payment you can use Manual Processing (admin>configuration>payment>payment methods>manual processing)

Check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3536/recurring-product.aspx
12 years ago
Thanks for providing that link.. I read the following:

"There is a bug in the 1.5 Release preventing Recurring Payments to work outside of the US."

Has this been fixed in a subsequent release?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.