Javascript within HTMLEditor 'breeds'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi All,
Not yet sure if this is a bug in NopCommerce, AjaxControlToolkit, or IE9. But I've just found some 'interesting' behaviour.

(In Topic admin)

I've a chunk of HTML that contains some embedded javascript, to display a countdown timer. If I paste the HTML into the HTML view, Save the changes, and then open it via the URL, then all is fine.

But after the administration site refreshes, the HTML is corrupted: everything inside the <script></script> tags is duplicated. e.g. <script>countdown();</script> becomes <script>countdown();countdown();</script> . Wouldn't be so bad except that the same happens for the definition of countdown() also gets corrupted in the same kind of way. (Worse, special chars like " get encoded into &quot; and hence are totally snafued.)

I've tried downloading the latest build of AjaxControlToolkit, but no difference. (Latest build of IE9 hot off the MS download site.)

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Allister
12 years ago
Did you paste your code to FCK text editor in admin area?
12 years ago
I've replicated this bug on the Microsoft Ajax Controls demo site - so obviously not a Nop problem.

Hi @wxdevelopment - sorry, I'm not familiar with the FCK text editor.
12 years ago
I asked because I thought you paste your code to text editor so this could cause the issues
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.