connection strings at rackspace cloud

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
On step 3 of the install... I get the following error:

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=mssql0803\inst1;Initial Catalog=400999_dashboard;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=400999_mikebesso;Password=Passw0rd;Connect Timeout=120"/>

As you can see, rackspace names databases and users starting with numbers.

I believe I followed the directions and update the ConnectionStrings.config file as follows:

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=mssql0803\inst1;Initial Catalog=400999_dashboard;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=400999_mikebesso;Password=Passw0rd;Connect Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>

when I hit next, I get the same error... with the additional message:

The connection string you added doesn't match. Make sure, the connection string is correct.

What do I need to do?

THANKS
14 years ago
Hi,

Did you ever figure out what the problem with this was?  I am having the same problem right now and cannot figure out what is going wrong.
14 years ago
Hi,

For me it was a permissions problem with my hosting company.
12 years ago
hi i am also facing this issue. Have u guys figured it out? If yes, Kindly post the solution to get rid of this error.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.