2.0 Beta Installation Error - Plugin has no system name

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
nopCommerce Community,

I am attempting to install v 2.0 Beta and run into the following issue.  After copiling, running prepare.bat, deploy.bat, and uploading the deployable folder files to my .NET 4.0 cloud server, I first get an error stating permission denied to the Plugins bin folder.  I don't see a bin folder in Plugins, so I modify the entire Plugins directory/subdirectories.

After this, I get the following error and cannot continue:

"A plugin has no system name. Try assigning the plugin a unique name and recompiling. "

The deployable folder on my localhost displays the install screen correctly.  I have not modified any code other than turning off custom errors in the web.config so I can see the errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Doug

Below are the full error details:

A plugin has no system name. Try assigning the plugin a unique name and recompiling.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: A plugin has no system name. Try assigning the plugin a unique name and recompiling.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[Exception: A plugin has no system name. Try assigning the plugin a unique name and recompiling.]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:83

[Exception: Could not initialise plugin folder]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:129

[Exception: Could not initialise plugin folder]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:137

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not initialise plugin folder.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +591

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not initialise plugin folder.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9013676
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
12 years ago
Is there some steps to replicate this problem?

If not, can you email me so we can arrange a teamviewer session?
12 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply!

Here are the steps I followed.  Let me know if this is enough.

- Downloaded nopcommerce 2.0 Beta with code
- Opened solution in Visual Studio 2010, Built Solution
- Ran prepare.bat
- Ran deploy.bat (no errors)
- FTPed all of the files in the deployable folder to my server
- Accessed the site, got a general hidden error
- Modified web.config to turn off custom errors; FTPed web.config to site
- Accessed the site, and got the error stating permission denied to the bin folder of Plugins
- Via FTP CMOD, I modified the Plugins folder to allow full (including write) permissions to Plugins directory and all subdirectores
- Accessed the site again, and got the error stating the Plugin has no system name (full details included in original posting)

I verified with my host provider that the cloud server is set to .NET 4.0 Integrated Pipeline.  

Does this help?

Thanks,
Doug
12 years ago
Can you run Nop.Web in visual studio?

Do you get the same error? If so, what plugin is not giving a system name?
12 years ago
I tried that just now, and it goes to the install screen correctly when running locally from Visual Studio.

Thanks,
Doug
12 years ago
this is a simple permissions issue.  The user that is running the app pool needs at least modify rights on the root nopCommerce web directory and below.  Check the App Pool the site is running under, advanced settings, if the user is apppool identity, chnage it to Network Service or another local user, then give that user permissions on the web directiroy.
12 years ago
Thank you!  That seems to be the issue.  

Best,
Doug
12 years ago
Hello
I have the same Plugins issue, unfortunately my hosting is in GoDaddy and they wont allow us to access to IIS manager under IIS 7

http://help.godaddy.com/article/4136?locale=en

Any Ideas ?
12 years ago
Has anyone got past this issue on GoDaddy or Rackspace?

I'm having the same problem and it's frustrating.

-Bill
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.