2.0 speed/performance concerns

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
eggheadtony,

I double that - please post anything you find.  The store I've setup (Nop 1.8 bookstore with > 50.000 books..) is pretty slow even after eliminating DB bottlenecks and being stuck with EF slowness. Nop commerce is too slow already to slow it down more. Slow websites kill sales. Making sales is why people use NopCommerce in the first place, isn't it?

I am eager to jump onto 2.0 with the main motivation being performance. However should 2.0 be even slower than 1.9 my eagerness to upgrade will be _seriously_ cooled :/. I am keeping in mind that we're taking about BETA version of the software.

Filip
12 years ago
For those claiming poor performance, can you please give more details. You are suggesting that NopCommerce is significantly slower but are you talking about database communication, server side processing, latency, rendering, etc. etc.?  Being critical of performance without identifying where you think the bottleneck is (or even which screen you are seeing performance issues isn't that constructive).

Also, one person's PC being faster than another is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever. Nopcommerce is neither a CPU or memory intensive application (let's be honest, very few web applications actually are) and the idea that the spec of your PC has a large influence over the speed of a single-user website seems unrealistic. My two cents...
12 years ago
I think I've identified automapper as the bottle neck.

Let me investigate more.
12 years ago
Anyone got concern on plugin performance?
12 years ago
I too noticed slow speeds in 2.0. Refreshing the home page with 1 product shown on it (no categories) takes ~ 3sec. I didn't trace the app yet but I'll do it to find out where it is spending time.
12 years ago
Hi Guys

Sorry for not responding with more detail sooner but my mother is very unwell at the moment and I need to devote time to her.

A previous poster complained that we didn't indicate where the bottleneck was - well, I guess if we knew, we'd have fixed it :-). From my tests, I am certain it is not the database that's causing the problem. I monitored task manager to see which processes were consuming CPU time and sql server was barely touched for each request.

It's the code itself that's grabbing the resources.

I do have a VS2010 project with profiling setup - I just haven't had a minute to to actually do any in-depth test using it. With things the way there are right now, it's unlikely to be before the weekend I can achieve this (I'm spending a lot of time in the hospital right now).

All the Best

Tony
12 years ago
I'm building a 2008 server with my old dual pentuim 3.4 ghz machine. 2 Gig Ram. 1000Mip ethernet.

I too have a 2 second hesitation problem. Thus far I replaced my single WD 1.5T Green disk with two new WD 1T blue disks and stripped them. This seem to help loading the home page, but clicking on the links that require a trip to the SQL Server such as the products page or the blog page has a one to two second hesitation.

This doesn't seem to matter if the SQL Server is local or on another machine across the LAN. I'm still working on this. Keep posting what you all find ... we will work together to solve this.
12 years ago
Forgot to mention this.

The beta site feels slower than it is. When you click on a link, nothing happens for a second sometimes two, then everything appears at once.

When you visit a site like Amazon.com. When you click on a link, parts of the page appears imediately, then the rest of the information and pictures appears.

In reality, both sites takes about the same amount of time to render completely, but Amazon.com seem faster because it renders parts of the page immediately fooling your brain into thinking it is faster.
12 years ago
I just had a though about my previous post. I don't know if I expressed my thought, it will make me nopCommerce public enemy #1 or a hero. But here it goes:

If you post render the information that is returned by the database, the pages will appear to render faster. By post rendering I mean using Ajax, dynamically render the information and pictures after the View has be returned to the browser. This is an aweful lot of rewrite of the page views.

Maybe there is a better way.
12 years ago
eggheadtony wrote:
Hi Guys

I've checking out 2.0 and whilst there's a HUGE amount to love, I noticed that it seemed to be somewhat slower than 1.9

Make sure you web.config debug settings isn't set to true. This causes MVC to run slower as it doesn't do a lot of the route caching when in debug mode...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.