How to show manufacturers logo automatically on product page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
How might I show a manufacturers logo and other category information automatically on a product page. I guess I need to edit the product template page - but can someone help me more specifically?
12 years ago
Templates/Products/SingleVariant.ascx

In the codebehind, under "BindData", your going to want to mess with product.ProductCategories and product.ProductManufacturers.

To get the url, use the SEOHelper class.
12 years ago
Slotraccoon wrote:
How might I show a manufacturers logo and other category information automatically on a product page. I guess I need to edit the product template page - but can someone help me more specifically?

Another option is to use products specifications mod extension:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/177/product-specification-value-mod.aspx
Check example: http://www.edcorusa.com/products/98-mx1.aspx
12 years ago
Hi

This Product Spec Vale Mod looks perfect as I also want to add my own fields but now I have destroyed my project.

I copied the various files and added the database field without problems.

I copied the Library folder into the root of the site and then cleaned and rebuilt as per the instructions. I now have thousands of errors. Should I have done something different with the Library folder? I have made no other changes to the nop-commerce files.

Help!

Rob
12 years ago
To display manufacturers image in the product page:

based on v1.5 (should be OK in 1.8/1.9) and using OneVariant template

In OneVariant.ascx

<div class="ManufacturerPicture">
                <asp:Image ID="iManufacturerPicture" runat="server" />
                </div>

In OneVariant.ascx.cs

Int32 ManID = product.ProductManufacturers[0].ManufacturerID;
            Manufacturer manufacturer = ManufacturerManager.GetManufacturerByID(ManID);
            Picture manufacturerPicture = manufacturer.Picture;
            string pictureUrl = PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(manufacturerPicture, 100);
            this.iManufacturerPicture.Visible = true;
            iManufacturerPicture.ImageUrl = pictureUrl;

This works fine and makes the product page look really good. This was from a thread in the forum some time back

If you got all those errors make sure you copied the files correctly including the NopModel.edmx

It pays to backup everytime you add an extension
12 years ago
I did find the Product Mode Specifications to work very well. I use it for a number of my product specs that I do not filter by. Like schematics, manual links, dimensions, weight and such. I hope it will be easy to migrate into nopcommerce 2, it is a must for my store.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.