2.0 - Resource can not be found error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Vis 2010 / Nop 2.0 Beta / local IIS7.5
This is strange and I am uncertain what I am doing wrong, especially if this can be replicated:

If I edit some files for example : nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Common\Header.cshtml
by just adding say a white space to force a rebuild then run the solution in debug mode I get the 404 error:
Resource cannot be found Requested URL: /Views/Common/Header.cshtml.

If I then click on another window in VS say Nop.Web.Controllers.CommonController.cs and then click F5 to run in debug mode it works fine.

It seems to be happening with .cshtml files, touching .cs files doesnt cause this issue.

Have tried refreshing the browser window, and I believe I have a standard setup.

Many thanks
12 years ago
Visual Studio 2010 tries to open the file that is active (opened in IDE). Iin your case it was /Views/Common/Header.cshtml

You can:
1. Manually edit address (remove /Views/Common/Header.cshtml) in browser address bar
2. Close '/Views/Common/Header.cshtml' file in Visual Studio and run the site one more time
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.