nopCommerce 2.0 deployment problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello Friends,
I publish nop2.0 to web server by this way,
run deploy.bat successfully and copy Deployable\nop_2.0 folder to web server directly.
When I run Nop.Web in web server it going to install page.  
What should I do to publish.
It is working in local machine.
12 years ago
That's absolutely right. Just copy the content of Deployable\nop_2.X directory. Then visit the site (the install page should be opened). That's all!

You can also find installation screencast here
12 years ago
Andrei,
Thanks for quick reply.
But I already pass install step in local from VS2010 successfully. Now I can go to sample store page directly from VS2010 in local.  Why I need to go to install again after publish.
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Why I need to go to install again after publish.

Why again? You go to install only once after publish
1. Publish the site to your web server
2. Go to the installation page (on your web server)
3. Complete the installation process
4. That's all
12 years ago
Andrei,

So everytime I publish to web server for update code/aspx page, I have to go to install first and clear data in database. I hope the release version the publish as easy as that in v1.9.

Thanks.
12 years ago
No, when you publish some page (for example, only or two one page files) to web server, then you'll not see the installation page.
P.S. If you don't want to see the instalation page, then ensure that files in \App_Data directory aren't overwritten (information about connection string and installed plugins is stored there).
12 years ago
Andrei,

Thanks.
12 years ago
Note that if you deleted your last publish at the web server, it will go through the install again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.