CATERGORIES ON HOME PAGE

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am looking for information on how to move the categories around on the home page. I want to rank them according to popularity per google analytics. If not possible to do automatically if anyone knows how to move them manually by display order i would like to know how to do that too.  thanks
12 years ago
I am assuming you are using 1.9version.

Go to Admin section > Catalog > Categories

Select any category "edit"

Now in the "Edit category details" page, scroll down to the bottom and you will see this:

Show on home page:   "CHECK THIS"

Display order : "Set The Display Order"

Save Changes

and you will see the category on your homepage...
12 years ago
I have done this it only changes the order of the caterogie on the left hand side of the home page. I am talking about in the body of the home page where we have the catagories with Avatars shown.
12 years ago
If I remember correctly, the "Display order :" works for both "left categories and homepage categories".

So the display order that you will set for left categories will be same for homepage categories. So you just have to set the display order in such a way that works for homepage as well as left column.

If you're looking for a specific order then make sure you don't have duplicate display order like 1, 1 ,1 for 3 different categories.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.