Cannot back out of install

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hey all,

I have installed nopcommerce and was using it fine the other day.
When I went on it the next day I think I have hit the install program again and I now have problems I cannot get out of.
On a re-install it keeps stating:-

An error occured: There is already an object named 'Nop_CustomerRole' in the database.
Running scripts from file: C:\Documents and Settings\rv\My Documents\My Web Sites\nopCommerce\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

I cannot back out of the install and uncertain where to go from here since it won't install either.

Your help is greatly appreciated - the version I used is the latest download on the nopcommerce site.

R
12 years ago
You are receiving the error because the database has already been installed. You will need to manually update the connection string in ConnectionStrings.config. The installation runs when there is no connection string in this file.

The format is as follows (replace the bold text with actual values):

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection"
       connectionString="Data Source=DATABASE_SERVER_NAME ;
       Initial Catalog=DATABASE_NAME ;
       Integrated Security=False;
       Persist Security Info=False;
       User ID=DATABASE_USER_NAME ;
       Password=DATABASE_USER_PASSWORD ;
       Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

12 years ago
I have done as you advised with modifying the ConnectionStrings.config

I now get to the database stage and the error now reads

An error occured when creating database: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
Creating a new database movies.

So still stuck at the install stage going nowhere - is this because I could have done the config file wrong or is there another issue?

Regards,

Ralph
12 years ago
Per your first error, your database has already been installed; therefore, you don't need to run the installer. If your connection string is correct, you should be able to see your site when you visit the home page.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.