Order email template per product?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Is there a way to create a custom order email per product? I have products that have instruction as to how to log into different pages. So each product would need its own email template when the order completes. Is this possible?
12 years ago
We have the same issue. Have you any type of solution?
12 years ago
I have the same question.
12 years ago
basememara wrote:
Is there a way to create a custom order email per product? I have products that have instruction as to how to log into different pages. So each product would need its own email template when the order completes. Is this possible?

Ok this is a fair bit of work, here is how I would do it.

1. you need a new attribute on the Product or Product Variant - it's not clear from your description which you need.

I'd put it on product variant because I suspect at some point someone is going to want that level of control.
(might be possible to use the [UserAgreementText] field if the shop doesn't use it)

2. add an email template token to the standard customer email. eg %Product.Instructions%

3. modify the replace token code so that when the token is found the productVariants, in the order, are iterated through and the instruction texts inserted into the email with some formatting.

HTH

Dave

PS If you want any more help ie where to find all this you need to post your version of Nop.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.