Site access subscription

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi there,
I could not find much info on this so I thought I might post my question.
I see that in the documentation nopcommerce has a 'Number of Days' field under the product variance entry.
We are selling time limited access to member areas of our external sites.
Generally How would custom code this with nopcommerce? Display a unique purchase id (after purchase) that is bound to the time expiration field value and require them to log in with it over at the external site? What would you set up in this scenario?

Thanks,
Nathan
12 years ago
"Number of Days" field is related only to downloadable products: the number of days during customers keeps access to the file (e.g. 14). Leave this field blank to allow continuous downloads.
12 years ago
Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. What I am ultimately asking is what route would you take with nopCommerce if you needed to sell time limited subscriptions (1 month, 1 year, etc) to web site member areas? How would you manage this?
Thanks again,
~Nathan
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. What I am ultimately asking is what route would you take with nopCommerce if you needed to sell time limited subscriptions (1 month, 1 year, etc) to web site member areas? How would you manage this?
Thanks again,
~Nathan

You can have Time of Suscription as a product variant attribute whose values will be one wee, one mont, 3 monts, one year having the corresponding price increases
12 years ago
I have a related question:

I am currently running an installation of NOP 1.4. The site owner wants to have subscription access to a 'newsletter' area on the site. He also wants to charge an archive subscription for articles older than a certain period (archives).

What version do I need to run in order to enable purchasing a subscription for a length of time and allowing access to a certain time period of articles?

Also, is it possible to sell subscriptions that correspond to when articles are posted?

Thanks much!
12 years ago
WebBot Tech wrote:
I have a related question:

I am currently running an installation of NOP 1.4. The site owner wants to have subscription access to a 'newsletter' area on the site. He also wants to charge an archive subscription for articles older than a certain period (archives).

What version do I need to run in order to enable purchasing a subscription for a length of time and allowing access to a certain time period of articles?

Also, is it possible to sell subscriptions that correspond to when articles are posted?

Thanks much!

If I may reintroduce this question -

I have successfully updated to 1.9. Will this version allow a site section access by subscription?

If not, what version will?

I have individual products and blog, etc not requiring subscription payment, and would like to implement a 'Member's section where people pay a subscription for newsletter, information, etc.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.