Upgrade - manual admin settings required?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi guys, so I just finished upgrading to 2.0. I was following the list of steps outlined on the readme file and noticed step 7 has a number manual steps I need to take:

7a. Confifure Store settings (Admin area > Configuration > Settings)
  7b. Configure your currencies (Admin area > Configuration > Currencies). Ensure primary store currency and primary exchange currencies are the same
  7c. Configure your measure units (Admin area > Configuration > Measures)
  7d. Configure your email accounts (Admin area > Configuration > Email accounts)
  7e. Update your message templates (some tokens were changed)
  7f. Configure your payment, shipping, tax providers
  7g. Update topics (can't be automated)
  7h. Reconfigure prices by customer roles (Now we have new implementation of tier prices based on customer roles)
  7i. Reconfigure discount requirements for each discount (new implementation)

I thought it was there for double-checking purposes but it turns out the upgrade script seems not port this information so we have to manually re-enter it.

Am I doing something wrong or is that really the case?

If this is indeed the case then let this be a word of warning to others. A quick and dirty way for you to get through this would be to have the 1.90 version (with database) running in a separate environment in tandem so you can just copy and paste as much as possible on the fields that were not ported.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in this release and the product in general. It's looking great!

Thanks!
12 years ago
That's really the case. You have to do it manually (it can't be automated). But it shouldn't take much time.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
That's really the case. You have to do it manually (it can't be automated). But it shouldn't take much time.

Thank you Andrei.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.