Edit Email Account Details v2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have noticed that no matter what I click on "Save" or "Save and Continue Edit" I always end up back at the main email accounts selection screen. I am guessing this is a bug as I expect the save and continue to remain on the edit details screen.
12 years ago
Tom,

Weird. Seems that you modified the source code. Just tested it. And everything works fine by default.
12 years ago
email is not working in 2.0
it was working in 1.9
i did the upgrade and everything is perfect besides minor stuff
i will post another post
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Tom,

Weird. Seems that you modified the source code. Just tested it. And everything works fine by default.

Wish it was that easy, but I downloaded the files extracted the folder and installed as a demo. No edit at all. I am running from a local IIS 7.5 on Win 7.
12 years ago
What do you mean by "email is not working"? Emails are not sent? Or you can't edit them?
P.S. Everything works fine (just tested the default installation again)
12 years ago
yes emails are not sent

im using google servers with my domian on google apps that used to work on 1,9
12 years ago
gfadel wrote:
yes emails are not sent

im using google servers with my domian on google apps that used to work on 1,9

The code for sending emails is the same as it was in 1.90. It should work. And it works fine on our demo site (just register and I'll get a welcome email)
12 years ago
but i didnt touch the code

i just followed your directions after the upgrade i went to configure the emails same as they were before
and i know the configuration by heart because i have done it 100 times before and everyday
12 years ago
Hmm, did you see any log records about it in admin area? Admin area > System > Log
12 years ago
below is the errors in the log

(the sender is smtp.gmail.com - port 587 - no ssl - with authentication)

Error
Short message:   Error sending e-mail. Failure sending mail.
Full message:   System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.53.109:587 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection() at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, MailAddress from, MailAddress to, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\EmailSender.cs:line 78 at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, String fromAddress, String fromName, String toAddress, String toName, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\EmailSender.cs:line 28 at Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessagesSendTask.Execute(XmlNode node) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\QueuedMessagesSendTask.cs:line 45
IP address:  
Customer:  
Page URL:  
Referrer URL:  
Created on:   8/4/2011 9:02:11 AM
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.