Shopping cart suggestions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
When the shopping cart is viewed rather than saying "Calculated during checkout" for both shipping and total it would be useful to show the totals for the current cheapest shipping method (or an admin selectable default)

As a first-time customer I need to register my address as part of the registration process, when I go to checkout it then asks for a shipping address - It would be helpful to be able to say "use default" so that I don't need to re-enter the same details that I have already entered.

It would also be useful to go back to previous steps in the check - e.g. I put in the wrong address...

Ian
14 years ago
All of the above for sure. In addition:

Similar to the above, it would be nice in the cart design to allow for navigation back to correct content.  That way, when you get to the Confirmation Page and it warns you about a bad address or some other problem (it doesn't necessarily tell you exactly what went wrong, you must guess), you can click back to the offending page to do the corrections. At the present time, I've found no other way (including back paging, which didn't work) than to click on the Shopping cart and start over.

Also, when you do start over, the Shopping cart will remember your product, but not your Shipping info previously typed in (at least not the first time).

In order to edit a shipping address, you must retype everything, you can't edit fields previously filled. I think all of these fixes will go a long way towards creating a much better shopping experience.

Thanks!
14 years ago
Thank you! I'll create work items for these tasks.
14 years ago
It would also be benifitual to be able to set the payment methods for an in-store PC, where the application can take orders on a Cash, Check or Credit Card. This could be determine by the in-store operator when signing in to the site i.e.; someone with an in-store login role & password. This would help differatiate between on-line purchases and in-store purchases. Also we would need to omit the shipping cost becasue of the in store purchase.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.