ver 2.0 connection string location

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
can any one tell me were the connection string lives in version 2.0, so i can point to different databases.

Thanks

Steve
12 years ago
\Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data\

Settings.txt is the file for DataConnectionString
12 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
\Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data\

Settings.txt is the file for DataConnectionString

There is no file at this path location in the nopCommerce_2.00_Source.rar download on the main downloads page, nor does this file exist in the latest source branch.  ( just redownloaded from the main link to check and also did a reclone of the source project off of codeplex )

Is it safe to add this file manually and if so, is the formatting of the connection string the same as you would format it if the string were in a config file, or is there some other format that should be followed?

Edit: Looks like this file is created after running the initial setup.  It does exist in the folder that abcd_12345 pointed out, just not right out of the box (straight from unrar).  So, if you're having trouble finding the file like I did, run the setup first, then you'll see the settings file.  I'm used to setting all of my configuration settings in files first and then firing up a website, which is why I was confused as to why I couldn't find the configuration file.  Problem resolved.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.