Which files are necessary? 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
This is a total conundrum for me.  I installed the v2.0 beta with ease on my local drive... but I need some help installing a new nopCommerce v2.0 on my Arvixe hosting ~ Which files are necessary to put on server? Only the files located inside directory "src"?  Then what?  Uhg.

Chad
12 years ago
I am less than satisfied with my purchase of the nopCommerce user guide.  The installation instructions are useless to me, as is the video.  It is hard for me to support this project if I can't move foward with it.

Chad
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
Which files are necessary to put on server? Only the files located inside directory "src"?

So you have a version with source code. There' two ways to publish and deploy it:

The first one:
1. Publish Nop.Web to the Published\Web\ directory.
2. Publish Nop.Admin to the Published\Web\ directory Administration\.
3. Publish plugins to the Published\Web\Plugins\ directory.
4. Select all the files in Published\Web\ directory and upload them to your web server.
Note: Make sure the .dlls from Nop.Admin (Published\Web\Administration\bin\) are moved and exist in Published\Web\bin\.

The second one:
1. Run the src\Prepare.bat file to build the project in release mode and move the plugins to the correct directory.
2. Run the src\Deploy.bat file to perform the same procedure as the Prepare.bat file, but also move all the websites and files to the src\Deployable\Nop_2.X directory.
3. Select all the files in src\Deployable\Nop_2.X directory and upload them to your web server.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Which files are necessary to put on server? Only the files located inside directory "src"?
So you have a version with source code. There' two ways to publish and deploy it:

The first one:
1. Publish Nop.Web to the Published\Web\ directory.
2. Publish Nop.Admin to the Published\Web\ directory Administration\.
3. Publish plugins to the Published\Web\Plugins\ directory.
4. Select all the files in Published\Web\ directory and upload them to your web server.
Note: Make sure the .dlls from Nop.Admin (Published\Web\Administration\bin\) are moved and exist in Published\Web\bin\.

I do not find Nop.Admin directory in my source directory.

Chad
12 years ago
You can see it in Solution Explorer (in Visual Studio). The physical path of Nop.Admin is \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
You can see it in Solution Explorer (in Visual Studio). The physical path of Nop.Admin is \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration

Thank you Andrei, I was only looking in windows explorer for the directory.

Chad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.