nopcommerce deployment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
How should i deploy application using ftp?
just copy files from deployable/nop_2.0 to server web folder?
12 years ago
Right
12 years ago
I had 1.9 up and running no problem.  I absolutely cannot figure out how to deploy 2.0.  Nothing works.  Is there a step by step procedure anywhere?  VS 2010 "publish" simply won't work.
12 years ago
You can find some info here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10975/nop-commerce-20-deployment-problem.aspx
Also take a look at this post: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10500/publishing-20.aspx
12 years ago
Unfortunately, both of the links you provided just list more problems but no solutions.  I have followed the deployment procedure in the documentation as well but it does not recognize my database server on the host.  Instead, it tries to force me to run "install" again and then dies with a multitude of errors.  There are deployment batch files listed in one of the links but no place to download the batch files to try them.  Not sure where to go from here but back to version 1.9.   I would suggest that a deployment procedure be created and adequately tested before releasing this version.  It just doesn't work except from within VS.
12 years ago
I've "almost" got it working... just getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors now.  Specifically, the error is trying to initialize the "Plugins" folder even though I copied everything from my local machine to the "Plugins" folder on the server.  It appears to still be looking for the full path on my local machine (not where it is deployed on the server).

It's looking for: D:\Software Development\NopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs

I don't know how to convince it to look on the server where it is deployed...
12 years ago
acedrummer wrote:
I've "almost" got it working... just getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

You didn't deploy it properly. Find more info here (\App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt file)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.