Apply Discount to Old Price

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
In our store we run discounts off of the Old Price instead of Discounting the New Price.  Is there any way of discounting an entire category at 50% of Old Price instead of having to apply the discount to the new Price?

Thanks in advance for your help.
12 years ago
It's not possible without some customization
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
It's not possible without some customization

Is this still the case Andrei?

My customer has lowered their prices on a lot of products using "old price" and "new price". However, they use discount codes as well. They don't want their customers to get discount on the "new price" cause that would mean a whole lot more discount than they should get.

If this functionaliy is missing, how do other store owners avoid this "problem"?
6 years ago
The functionality is still not present.  Discounts (and everything else like tax, etc.) are always applied to Price.  Old price is just informational.  My clients have used the Old Price as a "List Price" or "Regular Price" (and have renamed that locale string to reflect it), just to show the customer that they are always getting some 'discount' ;)
6 years ago
New York wrote:
The functionality is still not present.  Discounts (and everything else like tax, etc.) are always applied to Price.  Old price is just informational.  My clients have used the Old Price as a "List Price" or "Regular Price" (and have renamed that locale string to reflect it), just to show the customer that they are always getting some 'discount' ;)

Yeah, my client does the same thing,  but the customers get to much discount when they use discount codes :(

Thanks for your answer!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.