templates in 2.0 for products, categories & manufacturers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
thx Andrei for the steps. I will try it out

& for "products in line 1" steps i think that will make all products in "products in line 1". I want to setup few category products for grid and few for "products in line 1".

My only point was put forward the importance of having option to select category product to be in grid or products in line 1 based on requirement of administrator. If there is new user of nopcommerce who is beginner in asp.net, that person will face problem in making changes in architecture & database.

You can see many users are already asking why it was removed in 2.0. would be superb if you guys add same functionality in 2.1
in which administrator can assign template to particular product (one variant or grid variant) and setup categories for grid or "products in line 1").

the roadmap looks amazing

- Facebook, Open ID, Live ID membership integration (IMPORTANT)
- Mobile devices support(IMPORTANT)
- Multilingual SEO URLs(IMPORTANT)
- CMS plugins support (widgets)(IMPORTANT)
- RTL languages support(IMPORTANT)
- Performance optimization(IMPORTANT)
- One-page checkout support (was not included in 2.00)(IMPORTANT)
- Some other minor enhancements(IMPORTANT)
- Templates in 2.0 for products, categories & manufacturers
I don't think it would be so much of work in adding this topic in the roadmap. which is also (IMPORTANT)

- Windows Azure support (this is about hosting - i think ecommerce features (like this topic) about store should be given more priority instead of worrying about hosting in different platform

thanx
12 years ago
Agree, and to go one step further for a complete Template system...

Is there a way to build the templates so we can modify the source page (header, footer, menu...) without touching the live version or template?  Sometimes layout changes go beyond css.  When we create a new template, it would be nice to also get a copy the other files so we can truly customize within the same site.  Currently, we have to setup another subdomain or similar and a second install to really customize beyond css, image replacement...

I know other systems put all files into a folder template, any way to do something similar for the Views Folder (Shared, Common,..)

Thanks for your help!
12 years ago
jmorris wrote:

Is there a way to build the templates so we can modify the source page (header, footer, menu...) without touching the live version or template?  Sometimes layout changes go beyond css.  When we create a new template, it would be nice to also get a copy the other files so we can truly customize within the same site.  Currently, we have to setup another subdomain or similar and a second install to really customize beyond css, image replacement...

I know other systems put all files into a folder template, any way to do something similar for the Views Folder (Shared, Common,..)

Thanks for your help!

I think priority is to get back the IMPORTANT feature from 1.9version (like this topic) first.

Configuring product template, category products (grid or product in line in administration) and manufacturers products (same as category products) are one of the important features that makes particular products more configurable, which was removed in 2.0, dont know why.

I don't think we should put more & more pressure on nopC team by adding work load. This is the basic feature that we are discussing in this topic which will affect users coming from 1.9 and new users too. Once we get this (topic) features back in 2.1 official release, later on enhancements can be done (by nop community). we all can help each other.
12 years ago
"Category and manufacturer templates" feature will not be added in version 2.1. As I've written above if someone wants to have it, then he'll need to write some code. But... product templates can be useful sometimes
12 years ago
Also from us, a vote to get this feature back in. We think it is important to have the admin decide how to show the product listings and also which template to use for product details. Why change existing features to a feature that was not requested?
12 years ago
Agree - It is an important feature in any eCommerce business. It should be included back in nopCommerce.
12 years ago
I've just created a proposed work item here. Please vote.
12 years ago
Why are there some back steps in 2v respect 1.9v? I think that new versions must be more powerfull than older.
12 years ago
Hi folks,
Product templates feature has been just added back to upcoming 2.1 release. I've also created a proposed work item for category and manufacturer here. Please vote.
12 years ago
Hello Sir,

I want to drop down list of category and sub category in top menu of nop commerce 2.0. Can you guide me how to do that?  

Thanks for help in Advance ..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.