Nop Commerce 2.0 Register page no address fields

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Your Personal Details

There are no address fields in the register page when a new customer want to register.

in admin - configuration/settings/customer settings/Form fields:

There are no address fields.

How can I add the address fields?
12 years ago
same question ?
12 years ago
Found it:

When you buy something it is on the checkout page.
12 years ago
I will have a play around sometime. I personally would like people to enter their address when they register. Just feels more natural to me.
12 years ago
why address fields were removed in 2.0?

in 1.9version there were address fields but in 2.0 we CANT ask address from the member ?

what if any user wants to get registered with store but not buying anything. I still want to know where that user coming from.

don't understand why so many important things were removed in 2.0 ?
12 years ago
Address is an important field in registration process. Should be added back in 2.1. Store owners who don't want address field, they should be able to dis-able it from the admin section.

Seems like a lot of important things were removed in 2.0 without any notification / voting.
12 years ago
It should be added because without it you have many problems with google checkout! After first order google returns only address (if you haven't entered any in store) and not the main order details. So we need to enter address upon registration.
12 years ago
It also seems that the concept of shipping vs billing address has been removed.
I do like the address choosing interface, but it would be nice to have it filtered based on type.
12 years ago
no comments or work item from nopteam's side on this ?
12 years ago
New York wrote:
It also seems that the concept of shipping vs billing address has been removed.

We discussed it for a long time. And after looking at some world-known shopping sites (like Amazon, etc) we decided to don't separate billing and shipping addresses. The same is about registration address. It even wasn't used in the system (except store owner internal usage). Perhaps, we should leave this functionality as it was (just disabled by default). But it was already removed. So I've just created a proposed task on codeplex. Please vote
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.