v2.0 permissions to bin directory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi

I have just built v2 in VS2010 and ran the prepare and deploy scripts. I have then added nop_2.0 as a site in IIS manager however I cannot access the site. I get the error "Access to the path 'C:\****\Deployable\nop_2.0\Plugins\bin' is denied"

I have added the network service with full control to the folder but that hasnt helped. Am I doing something wrong?
12 years ago
What IIS version do you have?
12 years ago
I am running IIS 7.5. I am also running a store on 1.9 in the same dev environment on win server 2008. I have same problem on Win7.
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I have added the network service with full control to the folder but that hasnt helped
I am running IIS 7.5.

Please look at the following article http://blogs.iis.net/webtopics/archive/2009/03/13/changes-to-application-pool-identities-in-iis-7-5-beta.aspx
12 years ago
Thanks for this.

I managed to get things working last night. In my case, I had to explicitly add my local logged in user account in the ACL for the folder which got it working under IIS.
12 years ago
I am getting following error message below:

I have checked to make sure that the majordesigns folder and all folders under it have read and write access.

Using GoDaddy
Using IIS 7 and ASP.Net Runtime Version 4.0

Settings in IIS for majordesigns folder

Anonymous Access (CHECKED)

Directory Browsing

Set Application Root (CHECKED)

Any ideas why I keep getting this error?????

Thanks,

Tom

Server Error in '/majordesigns' Application.
Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\7024730\html\majordesigns\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.BillingCountry.dll' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\7024730\html\majordesigns\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.BillingCountry.dll' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\7024730\html\majordesigns\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.BillingCountry.dll' is denied.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9717806
   System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) +9555845
   System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) +55
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.InitializeMediumTrust(FileInfo plug, DirectoryInfo shadowCopyPlugFolder) in PluginManager.cs:322
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug) in PluginManager.cs:242
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:111

[Exception: Could not initialise plugin folder]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:136

[Exception: Could not initialise plugin folder]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in PluginManager.cs:144

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not initialise plugin folder.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +591

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not initialise plugin folder.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9013676
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.