WARNING - Recent Godaddy Upgrade 1.60 to 1.90 Problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

After 9 long days, Godaddy finally got my online store working again on v1.6.  First the hosting programming language must be set back to ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5.  In addition the following incompatible files must be removed.

Nop.Become.dll
Nop.Payment.CCAvenue.dll
Nop.PriceGrabber.dll

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,
Felix
12 years ago
Can you let us know if you do the 1.9 upgrade via godaddy, and how it turns out?
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I would also recommend to play with an upgrade on your local machine first

Andrei,

Thanks for providing the simplified steps to upgrade to v1.9 locally.  I'm not familiar with using SQL databases and would greatly appreciate some guidance on how to setup a local version of nopCommerce to play with.

I've backed up the database on the web server and made a copy to my local machine.

I have many questions on how to set it up.  What does nopCommerce needs to run stand alone on the local machine?  It is an XP machine, do I need to install IIS >6.0 or ASP.NET?  Should I run the install.aspx file locally pointing it to the web server? etc, etc, etc.

Thanks and regards,
Felix
12 years ago
It is for this reason that I prefer to do my own hosting and I do my own. I think going cloud will eventually have the same issues to deal with.
12 years ago
Hi all,

I have had the same problem I upgraded without turning on .NET 4.0 I have a support call logged, but whilst I wait I have attempted to resolve the problem (Using information from Andrei Mazoulnitsyn's [a.m] post) - There are some steps to follow (see below, after stack trace).  My site is now up, however I have one problem.

I get a Security Exception when logging onto the Administrators page.  I did copy the ConnectionStrings.config back, but this has made no difference.  Can anyone help... please

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(RuntimeAssembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +168
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +100
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException) +278
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal rmh, RuntimeAssembly asm, SecurityAction action) +70
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.CheckLinktimeDemands(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, RuntimeModule module, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +0
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +482
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType) +103
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Boolean inherit) +33
   System.Web.UI.AssemblyCache.GetAjaxFrameworkAssemblyAttribute(Assembly assembly) +62
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.get_DefaultAjaxFrameworkAssembly() +272
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager..ctor() +11
   ASP.administration_main_master.__BuildControlsm1() +33
   ASP.administration_main_master.__BuildControlform1() +57
   ASP.administration_main_master.__BuildControlTree(administration_main_master __ctrl) +179
   ASP.administration_main_master.FrameworkInitialize() +22
   System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +35
   System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +8893254
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +54
   System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +15
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +45
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.administration_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

The steps to part resolve the problem - haven't tested site fully... once I have resolved the issue above I will.  Used the SQL Web Admin tool to run the scripts below in the Query Analyser window

DiscountType SQL (table creation and data)
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType](
  [DiscountTypeID] [int] NOT NULL,
  [Name] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT [Nop_DiscountType_PK] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
  [DiscountTypeID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType] ([DiscountTypeID], [Name]) VALUES (1, N'Assigned to order total')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType] ([DiscountTypeID], [Name]) VALUES (2, N'Assigned to product variants (SKUs)')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType] ([DiscountTypeID], [Name]) VALUES (5, N'Assigned to categories')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType] ([DiscountTypeID], [Name]) VALUES (10, N'Assigned to shipping')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountType] ([DiscountTypeID], [Name]) VALUES (20, N'Assigned to order subtotal')
GO

DiscountRequirement SQL (table creation and data)
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement](
  [DiscountRequirementID] [int] NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT [Nop_DiscountRequirement_PK] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
  [DiscountRequirementID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON, FILLFACTOR = 80) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name]) VALUES (1, N'None')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name]) VALUES (2, N'Must be assigned to customer role')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name])
VALUES (5, N'Must be registered')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name]) VALUES (10, N'Had purchased all of these product variants')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name]) VALUES (20, N'Had purchased one of these product variants')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountRequirement] ([DiscountRequirementID], [Name]) VALUES (30, N'Had spent x.xx amount')
GO

PaymentStatus SQL (table creation and data)
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus](
  [PaymentStatusID] [int] NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT [PK_Nop_PaymentStatus] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
  [PaymentStatusID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON, FILLFACTOR = 80) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (10, N'Pending')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (20, N'Authorized')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (30, N'Paid')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (35, N'PartiallyRefunded')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (40, N'Refunded')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_PaymentStatus] ([PaymentStatusID], [Name]) VALUES (50, N'Voided')
GO

DiscountLimitation SQL (table creation and data)
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation](
  [DiscountLimitationID] [int] NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT [Nop_DiscountLimitation_PK] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
  [DiscountLimitationID] ASC
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation] ([DiscountLimitationID], [Name]) VALUES (0, N'Unlimited')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation] ([DiscountLimitationID], [Name]) VALUES (10, N'One Time Only')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation] ([DiscountLimitationID], [Name]) VALUES (15, N'N Times Only')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation] ([DiscountLimitationID], [Name]) VALUES (20, N'One Time Per Customer')
INSERT [dbo].[Nop_DiscountLimitation] ([DiscountLimitationID], [Name]) VALUES (25, N'N Times Per Customer')
GO

Upgrade Scripts
1.6 to 1.7 upgrade script
1.7 to 1.8 upgrade script
1.8 to 1.9 upgrade script
12 years ago
An update

After copying the ConnectionStrings.config back.

Go to the IIS Management within the GoDaddy Hosting Centre and Recycle App Pool (button located top right).

All is working so far now....

I will do more tests, if there are no further posts from me... consider this working.

Hope this helps someone (I've had an evening wasted).... If only I would have enabled 4.0 first, or GoDaddy's installation checked this first

Cheers...
Griff
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.