Reset database?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi, all.  I'm new here, so please bear with me.

I've just downloaded the nosource version of the software and created a project using VS2010 Web Developer Express on a machine using SQL Server 2008 Express.  I'm just playing around at the moment to see how I can use it in existing or new projects.

Because of constraints at my Web Hosting service, I'm restricted to version 1.6 of nopCommerce for the moment (the last version that I could get to work with .NET Framework 3.5).  Even so, I'm very impressed with this product.

Since I amcurrently just playing, I want to be able to reinstall/reset the database so that I can reinitialise an installation when I start a new project, or just because I've messed up in my test environment.

How do I go about that?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
12 years ago
OK, I managed to work it out.

For anyone who is struggleing with this, you simply need to edit the file ConnectionStrings.config and remove the connection string that's in there.

You may, of course, also want to delete the database from the SQLEXPRESS instance too.  If you don't have the SSMS package installed (I don't - for some reason it will not install cleanly on my test machine, and I haven't got time to chase the problem at the moment), you can use the SqlCmd.exe program in the \Binn directory of the installation directory that SQL Express was installed into as follows:

sqlcmd.exe -S .\SQLEXPRESS
1> drop database [xxx]
2> go
1> exit

Obviously replacing the xxx with the name of the database you initially set up.

:
:
:

Now, can anyone tell me how to create different database instances for DEBUG and RELEASE configurations?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.