Problem in implementation Product specification value mode

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello..

i have tried to implement product specification value mode using download code from below link

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/177/product-specification-value-mod.aspx and follow the instruction downloaded notepad(read me)

i have one question regarding the below instruction
1) Open table Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping and insert a nvarchar(255) field called Value below SpecificationAttributeOptionID and check allow nulls - you can enter the number of characters you think youll need.  I use 255 since with some sites ill be using some html in that field.

i have already that column SpecificationAttributeOptionID into Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping  table.its datatype is int and this is foreign key with Nop_SpecificationAttributeOption

when i changed its type into nvarchar(255) and deleted its foreign key and replace all file at corresponding path given into download code

it showing me error

"An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details."

please help me out this problem

thanks
12 years ago
vikas227 wrote:

i have one question regarding the below instruction
1) Open table Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping and insert a nvarchar(255) field called Value below SpecificationAttributeOptionID and check allow nulls - you can enter the number of characters you think youll need.  I use 255 since with some sites ill be using some html in that field.

i have already that column SpecificationAttributeOptionID into Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping  table.its datatype is int and this is foreign key with Nop_SpecificationAttributeOption

when i changed its type into nvarchar(255) and deleted its foreign key and replace all file at corresponding path given into download code

Make sure that you insert a column with the Column name Value with the datatype nvarchar(255) in Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping.

SpecificationAttributeOptionID  has to stay a int

Thx
-Keith
12 years ago
Hello..

how i can add two columns with same name SpecificationAttributeOptionID

please read my problem care fully
12 years ago
vikas227 wrote:

Not sure if you solved your problem. But it seems you added the wrong column name. It should not be "SpecificationAttributeOptionID", but "Value". That is what Keith was trying to say.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.