Failed Install Ver 2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi; I have to use nopCommerce for a client and the install is a nightmare - sorry! First there were problems with net4 and system user access - the ISP was not happy with this arrangement and warned me about this being a honeypot for attacks.

Now I have this ungodly error message - can anyone dicipher this?

Setup failed: System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream) at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.ValidatePicture(Byte[] pictureBinary, String mimeType) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Media\PictureService.cs:line 488 at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.InsertPicture(Byte[] pictureBinary, String mimeType, Boolean isNew) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Media\PictureService.cs:line 584 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallCategories() in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 5012 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9064 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 378

Thanks
12 years ago
Seems like no one else has this problem - my ISP has been working with me and her are their comments...

We do not provide support for the software you are trying to run. You will need to contact the developer.

Although looking at the error I have no idea why it is trying to access a F:drive. Your web root is <Drive>:\hshome\username\web domain
12 years ago
The references to the F: drive are from the debugging information and do not refer to an F: drive on the web server.

The exception is from trying to load images for inserting the sample data. The line "System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)" indicates that the image wasn't loaded correctly (corrupt or empty file? -insufficient permissions or a missing file would cause different exceptions).

The images for the sample data are located in the Content\samples folder, check that they are present and not corrupt -reupload if necessary, there should be eighty-two images, three .zip archives, and two text files. From the exception, the category being installed at line 5012 is "Camera, photo", image name "category_camera_photo.jpeg" -check this image first.

If the images are OK, you may be running out of memory on the web server (causing the empty Stream in the Bitmap constructor). Have you tried to install without the sample data?

---

To complete the installation of sample data, you will need to empty the database and restart the installation process as the tables have already been installed.

12 years ago
BTW; this install is with NO SOURCE code.

I tried installing WITHOUT Sample data and get this...

Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4497 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9057 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 378
12 years ago
That exception is thrown because the database has already been installed (the tables have been created). Your previous error occurred after the tables were created in the database (sample data was being inserted into the tables). To reinstall without sample data you would also need to empty the database (remove tables or drop/create the database).

12 years ago
The same thing hapened to me .... I entered the wrong info on the install page. When I clicked "install" it went ahead and created the db tables.  I ended up deleting the database and creating a new one, then entered all the correct info on the install page and waalaa ... it works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.