Performance Issues

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi there,

Just uploaded around 540 categories and in the admin area when trying to add or edit a product the page shows the error: "a script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly" and it takes a while to bring the edit form of the product.
Is this because of the so many categories?

Thanxs in advance
Panos
14 years ago
The admin page of the adding product.
It becomes so huge the page size such as more then 10M to let client side download.
You can view the page source and find out.
14 years ago
The txtDisplayOrder field inside the project is rediculas.
It caused the page become huge.
An other one is the view state.

You can change all txtDisplayOrder to simple asp.net control instead the one in the nopcommerce.
Save the view state on server will be good also.
14 years ago
Majorly the problem is from the text box of order.

www.sprill.com
13 years ago
Hi

Has this problem been solved?

I've have 412 categories and when I edit a product the page size is a whopping 4.2 mb because of the gigantic viewstate. What I don't understand is why the viewstate is that big. Of course the many checkboxes requires some viewstate but over 4mb seems waaaay over the top.

What to do?

Best regards,
Steffen
13 years ago
Solved?
13 years ago
Are you asking me if I've solved the problem?

I still have the problem, but I'm hoping that someone has a solution to the problem, because it renders the product maintenance almost useless :-/

Regards,
Steffen
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.