The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've read other posts on this topic, even including one as a feature suggestion.

Currently my bosses have treated me with a new much better maching (with Windows 7 64 bit).

Now I'm in the middle of developing a 3rd nop site and have recently enountered this issue.

- using nopCommerce 1.90, am I going to not be able to import from excel?

thanks

David
12 years ago
Has this been repaired in 2.0?
12 years ago
DavidOptrics wrote:
Has this been repaired in 2.0?

Hi David

In2.0 I have been able to import up to 3999 products from an excel spreedsheet. It wasn't fast though.
12 years ago
Thanks for the reply Skyler,

Can I ask what windows version you're running?

Thanks

David
12 years ago
DavidOptrics wrote:
Thanks for the reply Skyler,

Can I ask what windows version you're running?

Thanks

David

Sure. Below is the information that might be applicable

* Windows 7 Professional
* Microsoft Office 2010
* Running website through Cassini (development web server)

To clarify my original post. The maximum lines I could have in a single spreadsheet was 3999, but I could run it multiple times. Once the sheet exceeded 3999 the website was crashing and my browser would lock the file :(.
12 years ago
Great thanks.

From what I've read, it has something to do with 64 bit processors like mine, and that the "'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" only works for x86 processors, not x64.

You can change that in the "properties" window for the nopCommerce website, but it fails due to being made specifically for (from what I understand) the 32 bit processors.

I tried importing products directly to the products table from an xslx sheet, but of course there are dependencies etc that prevented that from working.

Since we have already several sites on 1.9, I thought it might be cool if some expert made a bit of a patch or something for those of us who probably won't be upgrading all our sites in the near future.

Thanks for your reply!
12 years ago
hi there Sorry,

Sont know a lot here but just had this issue on Server 2008.

Found this and it worked no problem
In the IIS(7), search for the application pool that supports your Web Application rigth click on it and select the option "Set Application Pool Defaults"...then find the Option Generals->Enable 32-bit Applications set it to true.
12 years ago
That did the trick!

Thanks for that - will make uploading products (prior to publishing live) much easier!

David
12 years ago
I make the changes for the application pool to work using 32 bit, after this the application pool crashes when i try to do an export, then the complet website sits on a

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

I have googled and found many people saying to make the same above change, but its not working for me.

ANY IDEAS ?
12 years ago
About Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 not being registered on the local machine. !!!!
Change build to x86 as suggested.Also ; If you dont have Access 2007,  install the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components and ll be solve your problem.
Hope it helps!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.