3 Back ups all copying to each other

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I installed and built my first store. Deployed it to the net. On my local machine I copied that store over so that I would have a backup and began to work on another. I have just realized that the new website is writing to the copy; so I no longer have a complete back up of the previous one.

Can someone explain why this is occurring and how, if possible, I can prevent this from happening. (I also tried copying the site off of my local machine and on to a thumb drive and the small change I made while the thumb wasn't plugged in was saved to the thumb as soon as I plugged it back in)

Please help as I have three that I need to build by the end of the month.

Thank you.....
12 years ago
Sorry, I just realized that this wasn't a normal sql compact file (where the db is contained in the same folder) but had sql server db installed elsewhere on my local machine (windows 7 doesn't automatically search for db's when searching from the start menu) so I was running 3 stores off of the same db. Hope this stupid question helps another newbie!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.