Suggestion: product images

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
current nopcom saves product images to DB, my suggestion is save to normal folder.
14 years ago
Yes!  Allow user to select where to store images.  I'm trying to sell a client on nopCommerce, this DB storage of images might kill the deal if I can't come up with a quick solution to it.
14 years ago
Hi,

It is easy to work around. Just save a small default image to the DB so it generates the ID number in the table and then just manaually create your required images and place in the image folder. Using an example of image #155 in the images DB table...

create: in /images/thumbs

0000155.jpg
0000155_70.jpg
0000155_80.jpg
0000155_100.jpg
0000155_125.jpg
0000155_300.jpg

The suffixed numbers refer to the resolution of the picture and need to correspond with your image settings in nopCommerce. You can create your images using a Photoshop / Photopaint script.

I do it this way becuase I'm not keen on the pixelated images that automatically create from the database binary. However, it does mean that all your images are safely backup up and easily recreated.

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.