Installing nopCom v2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Is the process for installing v2.0 the same as previous versions? Because I have downloaded the no-source version I do not see any install folders or files in there.

Any help would be great...
12 years ago
glennlawr wrote:
Is the process for installing v2.0 the same as previous versions? Because I have downloaded the no-source version I do not see any install folders or files in there.

Any help would be great...

It is no the same process, the easy way to install nop 2.0 is to run the file
Prepare.bat
Deploy.bat
that comes on the source folder in that order.
12 years ago
richardrcruzc wrote:

It is no the same process, the easy way to install nop 2.0 is to run the file
Prepare.bat
Deploy.bat
that comes on the source folder in that order.

When you say the source folder, do you mean the download with the source code? I thought the one with the source was for people who wanted to load up the site in VWD and make changes I would just like to install the default version so is this not what the no-source code download version is for?

Cheers...
12 years ago
Better yet, on IIS 7.5(I'm using this version)
Add new  Application
and point the physical path at the NopComm application folder
12 years ago
I don't have access to the web server. I need to upload and do a remote install.
12 years ago
glennlawr wrote:
I don't have access to the web server. I need to upload and do a remote install.
you meant web hosting server, if so, it must works by copying the nopComm app on the default folder...
12 years ago
richardrcruzc wrote:
you meant web hosting server, if so, it must works by copying the nopComm app on the default folder...

Sorry Richard but I still don't understand. If I want to just install the no-source code version what are the steps? I take it I need to upload the full files from the downloaded zip, but then what? I have the database in place but don't know how to launch the installation.

In earlier versions you just browse to "mydomain.com/nopComFolder/install/install.aspx". Does v2.0 work like this?

Thanks...
12 years ago
Me too, the instruction for this version are very vague.

Usually we are asked/told to upload certain folders/files to the root or working folder and then run some sort of install page, I cant see anything in the no-source download... am I being stupid?
12 years ago
I got this sorted,

The problem was with the settings on my web hosting server. My webhost advised they had to make a pool change. Once they done this I just browsed to the folder where I put my installation files (all files from the no-source zip I downloaded) and the installation kicked off.

Even simpler than the older versions (once you know how that is!). All settings inptu on the one screen and as long as evertyhing is correct that's it, the site installs no problem.

Hope this helps others...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.