Internal Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I'm getting the following error after moving NopCommerce to another server.

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

The original working version was configured on a Windows 2008 installation as an application off the main website.  This involved modifying web.configs on the primary site (primarily using <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> to screen the bits I didn't want inherited, and a few verb remove statements prior to loading them on the nopcommerce (child application) site.  This all worked perfectly until I tried to put teh nopcommerce site onto a production box which is Windows 2003 server.

Configuration was set up the same, however I'm getting the eror as shown above.

I can run the site fine if I set it up as a simple web site with nopcommerce as the root site, there seems to be another configuration difference between W2k3 and W2k8.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I do not wish to use a URL like "shop.whatever.com" to access the nopcommerce site, it must be accesssible vie a url such as "whatever.com/shop"

Cheers, Paul
14 years ago
i have the same issue going on when i'm trying to install the product:
We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

can anyone address this & help us out?  thanks.
14 years ago
Open up web.config and change:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">

to:

<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">

Now try and run your site again and you will get a more informative error message. Please post this to the forum.

Thanks,
Ben
14 years ago
Do you have access to your IIS admin? Try to change the .net settings of your shop from 1.0 to 2.0

Good luck
14 years ago
Im having the same problem. Here is the error.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Please let me know what you think.
14 years ago
I noticed that all files didn't transfer when I uploaded the site and that is why I was getting the error.  Make sure that all files are loaded including 'nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql' and make sure that the site can run scripts in IIS.
14 years ago
Its because you have sandbox checked try to uncheck it and you are good to go.
11 years ago
I'd like to report that I just downloaded nopCommerce for the first time ever today (2.65).  I ran into the same problem on this thread (using JodoHost.com) and so I wanted to let the admins know that the "bug" must have been reintroduced.

However, manually copying the DLL files from the folders in the Plugins directory to the bin directory resolved it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.