nopCommerce 2.1 Deploy.bat error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am still getting the same error when I run deploy.bat (after prepare.bat) from 2.1 source:

"C:\Users\Ahmed\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Temp\nopCommerce_052837fd5e38\src\buil
       d\nop.proj" (Deploy target) (1) ->
       "C:\Users\Ahmed\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Temp\nopCommerce_052837fd5e38\src\Pres
       entation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj" (ResolveReferences;_CopyWebApplication target) (25:2) ->
       (_CopyWebApplicationLegacy target) ->
         C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebA
       pplication.targets(132,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\Nop.Web.dll" to "C:
       \Users\Ahmed\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Temp\nopCommerce_052837fd5e38\src\build\.
       .\Deployable\nop_2.1\\bin\Nop.Web.dll". Could not find file 'obj\Debug\Nop.Web.dll'. [C:\Use
       rs\Ahmed\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Temp\nopCommerce_052837fd5e38\src\Presentatio
       n\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj]

53 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

To solve this problem I have to manually modify Nop.Web.csproj and Nop.Admin.csproj files and change

<Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>

to
<Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Release</Configuration>

Not a big deal, but it will be nice to be able to download and compile source without any modifications. If I am the only one getting this error, then I would like to understand why and to make sure I am not missing a point.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into making nopCommerce the only fully developed and best MVC shopping cart at this time. So kudos to developers.
12 years ago
Thanks, it looks this worked for me as well, even while preparing I got few warnings about unreachable code ("break" outside the "case").
12 years ago
In the latest build 7d3a3129eea7 all warnings are gone from prepare.bat, but the above error in deploy.bat still remains.
12 years ago
I was having the same problem as murad and I did what he said and the problem is fixed now (the Dempoy.dat was showing 1 error)
12 years ago
I tried to look for Nop.Web.csproj and Nop.Admin.csproj files through VS 2010.
In the Solution Explorer, I cannot find those files in order to modify the "Debug" to "Release"

Could you guys please tell me where I can find them?

In the folder, nopCommerce_2.10_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web, I do see Nop.Web.csproj and Nop.Admin.csproj.

Please help~~~ :)
12 years ago
Currenty nopCommerce downloads from codeplex are not working. you only get a partial download (2MB instead of 28MB) and files are not complete. Try downloading set 7bb726d1f8d5 from Source Code area and it might work.
12 years ago
murad wrote:
Currenty nopCommerce downloads from codeplex are not working...

I would better write that they works fine if you download them from this page . But you can't download the latest development version here (I already forwarded this issue to CodePlex team). BTW, you can use Mercurial to get the latest development version. It works fine
12 years ago
Thank you for finally fixing this problem. Deploy.bat is working for me now without having to edit anything.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.