2.1 Shipping methods

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
1. I configured in the admin area 'Shipping by weight'
    - all countries
    - shipping method 'by air'
    - order weight from = '0'
    - order weight to = '10'
    - charge amount = '10'
    - Limit shipping methods to configured ones = 'true'
2. I configured 'Fixed Rate Shipping' for 'By Ground' = '5.00' - 'In-Store Pickup' and 'By Air' is = '0'
3. I activated 'Shipping by weight' ('Fixed Rate Shipping' is also activated by default)
4. If I now add a product to the shopping cart and calculate the estimated shipping costs I get the following result displayed:
In-Store Pickup ($0.00)
Pick up your items at the store
By Ground ($5.00)
Compared to other shipping methods, like by flight or over seas, ground shipping is carried out closer to the earth
By Air ($0.00)
The one day air shipping
By Air ($10.00)
The one day air shipping

Why do I get for 'By Air' two listings? If I configure 'Shipping by weight' I can explicitly choose the shipping methods, but for 'Fixed Rate Shipping' all existing shipping methods are choosen by default and not editable.

PS: If I check out I get the same behaviour at the page with the shipping options.
12 years ago
andre47 wrote:
    - all countries
    - order weight to = '10'
    - charge amount = '10'
2. I configured 'Fixed Rate Shipping' for 'By Ground' = '5.00' - 'In-Store Pickup' and 'By Air' is = '0'
3. I activated 'Shipping by weight' ('Fixed Rate Shipping' is also activated by default)
4. If I now add a product to the shopping cart and calculate the estimated shipping costs I get the following result displayed:
In-Store Pickup ($0.00)
By Ground ($5.00)
Compared to other shipping methods, like by flight or over seas, ground shipping is carried out closer to the earth
By Air ($0.00)
The one day air shipping
By Air ($10.00)
The one day air shipping

Why do I get for 'By Air' two listings? If I configure 'Shipping by weight' I can explicitly choose the shipping methods, but for 'Fixed Rate Shipping' all existing shipping methods are choosen by default and not editable.

PS: If I check out I get the same behaviour at the page with the shipping options.

In 1 (Shipping by Weight) have you checked "Limit shipping methods to configured ones" checkbox ?
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:
    - all countries
    - order weight to = '10'
    - charge amount = '10'

In 1 (Shipping by Weight) have you checked "Limit shipping methods to configured ones" checkbox ?

Yes, if I don't check this I get a double listing for each shipping method, as follows:

In-Store Pickup ($0.00)
By Ground ($5.00)
By Air ($0.00)
The one day air shipping
In-Store Pickup ($0.00)
By Ground ($0.00)
By Air ($10.00)
The one day air shipping
12 years ago
I think it is necessary to create a work item for this bug.
12 years ago
It's not a bug. Do not active more than one offline shipping rate computation methods ('Shipping by weight' and 'Fixed Rate Shipping' are offline ones). If you go to Admin area > System > Warning, you'll see this warning. So use only one of them. It always worked this way
12 years ago
ok, thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.