Music download play sample

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

Using 1.9 is it possible to play a sample of the music in the users browser?

If not, can someone please point me in the right direction to programming this facility?

Kind regards
David
12 years ago
Hmm I can't see why not.

If you know your way around code, you can make it so that it plays the download sample for a product.
12 years ago
Thanks for the reply.

Any ideas which files I should be looking at to implement it?

Regards
David
12 years ago
You're on the old 1.9 right ? then No. hehe :)

Sorry I just can't stand Web Forms. MVC all the way.
12 years ago
Hi,

There is a possibility of the requirement being for version 2 (MVC)
Where should I look in the MVC version to make the changes?

Regards
12 years ago
I'm not sure what you mean !

All you need to do is check with your Hosting provider to see if they support MVC. If they do .. you're good to go.
12 years ago
Hi,

I meant where do I look in version 2 to make the changes to the code to allow the user to listen to a music sample in their browser before downloading it.

Regards
12 years ago
comdev wrote:
Hi,

I meant where do I look in version 2 to make the changes to the code to allow the user to listen to a music sample in their browser before downloading it.

Regards

You can have downloadable products and can download a sample. Maybe you only need customise to play the sample instead of download it.
Check demo store/admin (it is same for 2.00 and 2.10):
http://demo.nopcommerce.com/p/49/poker-face
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/ProductVariant/Edit/68
12 years ago
comdev wrote:

Hi Comdey. OK I'll assume you have Visual Studio 2010 Web Developer (or some other version of VS 2010).

When you open nopCommerce v2.10 (source version) in VS 2010, you need to navigation to:

Nop.Web >> Views >> Catalog >> Products.cshtml

That's where the code you need is. But like already mentioned, you will need to modify it to make it play, instead of download.

Thanks
12 years ago
Hi,

Thanks for that. I have VS2010 and will look at the code you suggest.

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.