[2.1] Fresh installation, but very slow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

Im new to nopCommerce (have just been waiting for the MVC release) and started to play around with the 2.1 version now.
I got default installation/theme/db, custom language resourcepack, 2 products and 1 customer.
(using MSSQL)

This should be pretty basic, but it feels like its running in syrup. Very slow.
Its running on my own server and I also have other asp.net apps running very fine.

This forum is also on the same server (asp.net + mssql) but is a very fast (so no hw issue)

What could be wrong?
12 years ago
And yes web.config have debug mode=false. Anyone else having those kind of problems?
12 years ago
I agree. I just installed 2.1.  I have to admit... i don't have any experience with the earlier versions so i dont know what to expect. I created a default database using sql server 2008 r2 on my own and installed there.  I have an i5 laptop.

I do feel that the server response time for clicking on simple things... such as categories... is abnormally slow.  I get about a 2 second response time on clicks.
12 years ago
I get the same thing it takes 2-3 seconds to respond
12 years ago
I was considering that normal, didn't seem that painful to me... I would argue I get the same 2-3 second delay after clicking something on Amazon.com also.

NopCom is pretty huge as is the DB schema, I don't think it feels slow really, its not instant, but not many apps like this are?

Also by default I believe images are stored in the DB, so that's bound to slow things down, especially if you have a large image.  I would say you need a decent hosting provider for NopCommerce, I tried nHosting shared from Network Solutions, and their shared SQL environment is MUCH to slow for an app like this.
12 years ago
Im just talking about the raw HTML here (no images, styling etc)
You could easily see this by using tools like Firebug.

Example:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/nopcommercespeed.png/

Here it takes 1.8s just to load the raw html - that is way too slow.

A quick compare with www.komplett.no (a large webshop here in norway) it will deliver the html in like 0.147s
(I know its not fair to compare with a enterprise system/enviroment, but it just says something about the speed)

If webshop pages like this takes more than 0.5s to render it must be something very wrong.
12 years ago
This is the only MVC feature complete shopping cart that I know of that I can integrate with my existing MVC site. I do not see any major issues the way it is coded (very organized and neat).

However, I installed it on my existing dedicated server and it is much slower than my old site which is a classic asp site, and I thought that modern technology should make it faster.

My colleagues whom I asked for input on test website with sample data, are also saying that response times are slow, and that I should look into something else. This is with the sample data and sample templates. It does improve somewhat with usage as cahce builds up, but still not zippy.

But, I do not see too many other options unless I move to php.
12 years ago
I decided to build mine from scratch. I like nopCommerce as an inspiration though... especially when i'm coming up with what to include in the back end.

When you build a basic ecommerce site, it's just so much more snappier even with MVC 3/EF/Sql Server 2008. I'm aiming to keep it that way...
12 years ago
I have also built a MVC cart soultion from scratch, but it miss most of the admin parts. (and therfor is useless atm)

http://shop.cresco.no/ (mvc3, aspx views)

This also have language resources, dynamicly prices/price list (for user/usergroups), categories, products etc
But yeh, the speed is in a diffrent category.

I would really like to give nopCommerce a try and iv been skinning a shop all this week, but the speed is so slow that I can't actually show it to the client.
12 years ago
My test site seem to speed up when I turned off the debuging option in the web.config. It actually moves quite fast unfortunatley the sessions are timing out really fast now, so fast I can't get anything done.

I tried a few things I even added this line

<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" cookieless="false" timeout="20000"/>

messed with the timeout time but I could only make it time out faster without the line it takes about 1 minute or less and I could make almost instantaneous by lowering the time out value.

any ideas?

Seems to work fine on webmatrix and my web host says its not them.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.