Powerful but low performance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Open the system home page, hold down the F5 key, while viewing the Task Manager in the w3wp.exe process, you will see?
My God! CPU utilization close to 100%!
After a minute, release the F5 key, really difficult to accept the need to wait a few minutes to run to completion!

Posted From : A Chinese Programmer.
12 years ago
Das any body got a test?
12 years ago
taskman wrote:
Das any body got a test?

Taskman I think that holding down the f5 key is probably not the most accurate method of benchmarking performance. Originally I was going to post results of load testing, but unfortunately I don't have the resources right now to spend the time and gather respectable results. Since this is also a common topic (performance) I don't think metrics have been posted on the subject.

I recommend installing a tool like dotTrace http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/ and identifying where the performance issues stem from. I think we would all be interested in the results. Good luck!

-Sky
12 years ago
I found Version 2.1 very slow compare to ASP form  versions.  Even in our online demo, especially slow when browning categories of the products. This issues may put users in a dilemma
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I found Version 2.1 very slow compare to ASP form  versions.  Even in our online demo, especially slow when browning categories of the products. This issues may put users in a dilemma

Interesting. I haven't compared it to previous versions, but the demo store is quite responsive on my end. It is just as fast as loading the facebook dashboard.
12 years ago
Subjectively: 1.9 (I still have it installed on a local machine along with 2.1) performs distinctly better in case of a small store, at least. I would estimate the performance of 1.9 for my needs and in my configuration (identical for 1.9 and 2.1) as "good", 2.1 as "acceptable".
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.