The project type is not supported by this installation. Nopcommerce 1.90 and Vs2010 Pro Trial

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi all,

I have just downloaded VS 2010 Pro Trial, but when I try to open Nopcommerce 1.90 I get the following error:

One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details.

And here is the output window message:

D:\VisualStudio2010\Myprojectname\NopCommerceStore\NopCommerceStore.csproj : error  : The project file 'D:\VisualStudio2010\Myprojectname\NopCommerceStore\NopCommerceStore.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

If I open the same project using Visual Web Developer 2010 Express the project NopcommerceStore loads correctly but I can not load the Solution folders because are not supported in this version of the application.

Can anyone please tell me how I can load successfully Nopcommerce 1.90 with VS 2010 Pro Trial?

Thank you
12 years ago
The project file for 1.9 is meant to be opened/used by Vs2008. Vs2010 works with ver 2.x
12 years ago
Hi dimension247 thank you for your reply but I do not think that is the reason why I am getting the error.

When I try to open nopcommerce using VS2008 I get the following error: The selected file is a solution file, but was created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened.

Also when I check the code in the the Nopcommerce.sln the first line is:

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
# Visual Studio 2010

Anymore  suggestions?

Thanx
12 years ago
Problem fixed.

I have reinstalled VS 2010 and everything works fine.

Thanx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.