How to create an Extra Page on the Store Front in Nop 2.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello
how can I create (in Visual Studio of course)  an extra page for the generated store front
http://www.xneterp.com/ima/nop/ExtraPage.png

as show on the white space of the image

Regards
12 years ago
Create a new topic and modify "Menu.cshtml" by adding a new html anchor tag.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11537/adding-a-new-topic-page-to-main-navigation-menu.aspx
12 years ago
I did spent a lot of MVC time on this issue, but there are a lot of things that are required to show a new FAQ page than just a few tweaks to the \Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Common\Menu.cshtml

I tried to mimic the functionality for the "About Us" (topic page) , but had no success , I think  I need to add the IFaqServices, FaqService, FaqModel, FaqController .....

Can some one point me on the right direction. or am I taking the wrong approach here..  

:)

Regards
12 years ago
Oscar_Agreda wrote:
I did spent a lot of MVC time on this issue, but there are a lot of things that are required to show a new FAQ page than just a few tweaks to the \Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Common\Menu.cshtml

I tried to mimic the functionality for the "About Us" (topic page) , but had no success , I think  I need to add the IFaqServices, FaqService, FaqModel, FaqController .....

Can some one point me on the right direction. or am I taking the wrong approach here..  

:)

Regards

Well that is different than your original question. If you want just a simple page then you only need to do what I stated above. If you have custom code that executes on every request then you will need to do additional work. Can you give further details? What exactly are you trying to do? What are the difficulties you're facing?
12 years ago
Thank you VERY MUCH for your help

I want to have another page, a FAQ (Frequent Ask questions) page on it.  it does not need to pull data from the database, but just to show the page (for example like the "About us" page) that displays information .. So I think a pure HTML page will do just find.

I will type the information for that page, so no need to alter the database..  

like the "About Us" page, then I can have my custom HTML code on it

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.