upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Nopcommerce 1.9 is the first version I've ever used and never upgraded before. I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0 and running into difficulties.
upgrade instruction, step 2: install nopCommerce 2.0 to your existing database (1.90). Does this mean I have to upload all 2.0 files to the same server where all my files of 1.9 are now??? Should I delete all my 1.9 files from the server first??? Please explain, thank you in advance!!!
12 years ago
Yes, in order to upgrade you will have to replace all the files of 1.9 with 2.0 or higher version.

Once you're done with that, you will need to run the upgrade script against your 1.9 database. You can use SQL Server Management Studio for that.

You can download the upgrade script (for 2.0 version) from here: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/releases/view/69080#DownloadId=265405

P.S. Always make a back up of complete website (web files and database) before upgrading.
12 years ago
Thank you for your reply. Sorry if I sound so naive. The note says "do not install with sample data" what is the sample data? It's just I never upgraded before, please help!
12 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Yes, in order to upgrade you will have to replace all the files of 1.9 with 2.0 or higher version.

Once you're done with that, you will need to run the upgrade script against your 1.9 database. You can use SQL Server Management Studio for that.

You can download the upgrade script (for 2.0 version) from here: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/releases/view/69080#DownloadId=265405

P.S. Always make a back up of complete website (web files and database) before upgrading.

I'm having major issues with the upgrade script. I'm getting errors like the ones below:

DELETE FROM [Customer]
WHERE IsSystemAccount=0
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line number 3
Invalid object name 'Customer'.

DELETE FROM [Address]
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line number 1
Invalid object name 'Address'.

DELETE FROM [Country]
Invalid object name 'Country'.

DELETE FROM [StateProvince]
Invalid object name 'StateProvince'.

DELETE FROM [ShippingMethod]
Invalid object name 'ShippingMethod'.

DELETE FROM [TaxCategory]
Invalid object name 'TaxCategory'.

How do I fix these issues? It is getting me very frustrated...
12 years ago
This is my latest video for the 1.9 upgrade to 2.0 hope it will be helpful.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.