Prepare for future upgrades V2.10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi all,

I will star testing version V2.10. First MVC project, and I am not sure how to prepare for future upgrades.

Most of the time I have to do customizations to NopC. In MVC, where should I place these customizations so I would not lose them on the next upgrade?

By customizations I mean: Custom Pages (or views I guess), Custom C# Code (models / controllers), DB Customization (new fields/tables to support custom changes)

Is there a best practice for preparing for future upgrades?

Thanks a lot!
12 years ago
I would say keep a changelog of everything u changed either using ur own subversion or any other way to keep track of what u changed, and implement the same changes in the new versions ?
12 years ago
Mad_Master,

Thanks for your answer.

However, other than keeping a log of customizations, is there a "best-practice" to where to place this new files so they would not get overwritten? How about the database with the "upgrade-scripts"?

Also, since you mentioned keeping a log. Can you recommend a practical way of keeping a log?

Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.