Plugins Engine

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello

Our friend Skyler has mentioned this already, my site is broken and that obviously affects business.

Can someone please help us get rid of this error.

There's definitley something not right with the Plugins Engine, I keep getting errors because of it.

Any help would be great.

Thank You.
12 years ago
Have you installed some new plugins? Please ensure that directories of your plugins (e.g. \Plugins\PluginName1) don't have any core assemblies (such as Nop.Core, Nop.Services, Nop.Web.Framework, etc)
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

I'm doing a fresh install of the whole thing right now.

Something tells me I'm still going to face the [ Deploy.bat ] error, but we'll get to that later.

I'm currently checking all the References in the Plugins to check if any have [ copy local = True ], I found that the [ .ExternalAuth.Facebook ] has the following assemblies set to [ copy local = True ]:

Newtonsoft.Json
Facebook
DotNetOpenAuth

Are the above three assemblies suppose to be set to [ copy local = True ] ?

I await your response.

Thank You.
12 years ago
Yes, it's OK. These assemblies (Newtonsoft.Json, Facebook, DotNetOpenAuth) are not referenced by the main web application. So they have to be copied.
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

Right here's what I have:

1) Fresh Download
2) Fresh Install
3) Everything Default (no plugins added or anything edited)

And I run Prepare.bat (all good), but when I run Deploy.bat I get the following error.

Please help :(
12 years ago
Compile the solution in Visual Studio before running .bat files
12 years ago
That is what I did. Still I get the error.
12 years ago
If look at the error details, you'll see the following text: "Unable to copy file obj\Debug\Nop.Web.dll". So recompile the solution in Debug mode and re-run .bat files
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

That worked, but I was told somewhere that when deploying .Net applications, it is always safer to deploy in release mode ! am I right ? am I still safe with deploying in debug mode ?

Thanks
12 years ago
It's about debug mode in web.config. Just set it to 'false'
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.