Bundled Items

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have downloaded the newest nopCommerce and I absolutely love it, save one feature.  I make jewelry and I need a better way to track the costs of my items.

For my situation I need the ability to save components of my jewelry into their own products with their own manufacturer IDs and bundle them together with other products to make the final price/cost.

Example:

Large Medallion - Price $5.99 - Cost $3.99
20" Wire  (at $.12 an inch) - Price $3.40 - Cost $2.40
Clasp (at $.75 a piece) - Price $1.00 - Cost $.75
Labor - Price $4 - Cost $0

So the price of my item would be  : $14.39
The cost of my item would be : $7.14

I would need the stock of each of the above products (except for labor) to go down by the used amount.  This would help me to keep inventory on components.

Also by having the price/cost it would help me with reporting.

Is there already a feature that I'm missing that will do this?

Is there one coming up in the next release?

If not, I am a developer so I was going to begin working on a plug-in for it, however, I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
Christina
12 years ago
christinahelton wrote:
I have downloaded the newest nopCommerce and I absolutely love it, save one feature.  I make jewelry and I need a better way to track the costs of my items.

For my situation I need the ability to save components of my jewelry into their own products with their own manufacturer IDs and bundle them together with other products to make the final price/cost.

Example:

Large Medallion - Price $5.99 - Cost $3.99
20" Wire  (at $.12 an inch) - Price $3.40 - Cost $2.40
Clasp (at $.75 a piece) - Price $1.00 - Cost $.75
Labor - Price $4 - Cost $0

So the price of my item would be  : $14.39
The cost of my item would be : $7.14

I would need the stock of each of the above products (except for labor) to go down by the used amount.  This would help me to keep inventory on components.

Also by having the price/cost it would help me with reporting.

Is there already a feature that I'm missing that will do this?

Is there one coming up in the next release?

If not, I am a developer so I was going to begin working on a plug-in for it, however, I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
Christina

Hi Christina:
This feature is not available out of the box. The nearest is product variant attributes which you can check in demo strore/admin:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/ProductVariant/Edit/76
http://demo.nopcommerce.com/p/16/build-your-own-computer
12 years ago
Duplicated
12 years ago
Okay, thanks for the heads up!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.