Plugin shows up as installed but cannot be reached

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I built a very simple plugin using

http://blog.csharpwebdeveloper.com/2011/09/10/writing-a-plugin-for-nopcommerce-2-x/#comment-6

as a guide.  It worked awesome!! but only in VS2010.

Once I copy the plugin up to my production server (windows 2003 IIS6) then the admin shows the plugin (I click install) but I cannot reach the plugin via URL. I think it is a routing issue as I get 404 when I try to reach the plugin.

Any advice... thanks
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I built a very simple plugin using

http://blog.csharpwebdeveloper.com/2011/09/10/writing-a-plugin-for-nopcommerce-2-x/#comment-6

as a guide.  It worked awesome!! but only in VS2010.

Once I copy the plugin up to my production server (windows 2003 IIS6) then the admin shows the plugin (I click install) but I cannot reach the plugin via URL. I think it is a routing issue as I get 404 when I try to reach the plugin.

Any advice... thanks

Can you share the code in your route provider?
12 years ago
default code in the route provide for Nop.Web

Here is the code in my Plugin's route provider

public void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) {

routes.MapRoute("Nop.Plugin.Standards", "Standards", // The route name, and the actual route.
                                            new { controller = "Standards", action = "Index" }, // Route defaults
                                            new[] { "Nop.Plugin.Standards.Controllers" }); // The namespace where controllers are stored
        }

Keep in mind that this works fine when I'm using VS2010. I looked at other articles that talked about IIS6 issues and needing to setup route providers such as Standards.mvc and then setting the *.mvc mappings in IIS. I tried this too but maybe not correctly..

Thanks for responding... I really love nC and I'm having a lot of fun learning about it!!!
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
default code in the route provide for Nop.Web

Here is the code in my Plugin's route provider

public void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) {

routes.MapRoute("Nop.Plugin.Standards", "Standards", // The route name, and the actual route.
                                            new[] { "Nop.Plugin.Standards.Controllers" }); // The namespace where controllers are stored
        }

Keep in mind that this works fine when I'm using VS2010. I looked at other articles that talked about IIS6 issues and needing to setup route providers such as Standards.mvc and then setting the *.mvc mappings in IIS. I tried this too but maybe not correctly..

Thanks for responding... I really love nC and I'm having a lot of fun learning about it!!!

Did you recycle the application pool after you deployed?

Have you tried making the route something longer, rebuilding, deploying, and trying again? For example I would try changing the route from "standards" to "extensions/standards" and see if you get different results. It is interesting that it would behave differently between the two environments.
12 years ago
Recycled, cleared cache, and anything else I could think of.

I will try a longer path and let you know,

Thanks for the help.
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Recycled, cleared cache, and anything else I could think of.

I will try a longer path and let you know,

Thanks for the help.

No problem. With a route so simple "standards" it is likely it matches the pattern of a different route. There is a route debugger available http://haacked.com/archive/2008/03/13/url-routing-debugger.aspx and it might give more insight. I'm not sure how well it will work with the nopCommerce platform, but I wouldn't expect any major issues.
12 years ago
Sorry for the late reply.. got caught up in 15 other projects and had to push pause on nC...

I will check out that route debugger.. it looks like some other route debugger was already in there but commented out.

I changed the Route Provider to

routes.MapRoute("Nop.Plugin.Standards", "Plugins/CommonCore", // The route name, and the actual route.

and on VS2010 it works great such as:

http://localhost:2565/Plugins/CommonCore/

but once pushed to our dev environment... no routing.. 404..

I'm at a loss... but I'll try the route debugger next.

Thanks
12 years ago
I solved the problem...

It was because of the fact that I was using the Index as the default action ... I'm not 100% sure but I think that locally (vs2010) it was catching but on our dev environment the catch all was catching it first (or something)

In any case, I made it more complex and it worked... I also used the route debugger locally (but wasn't able to make it work on dev environment??? )

anyway, thanks for all your help..
12 years ago
Please read this post

Hope this helps!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.