Account Activation Email Validation Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,
We are experiencing an error when a user clicks "To activate your account click here."  When the user clicks on the link we are getting the errors below:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Requested URL

http://mydomain:80/customer/activation/d032888b-9ca8-4f97-8ae6-ed7008e1587e/users-emailaddress

Physical Path

C:\HostingSpaces\adminloginID\mydomain\wwwroot\customer\activation\d032888b-9ca8-4f97-8ae6-ed7008e1587e\users-emailaddress

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for the help!
12 years ago
Have you changed any routes? It works fine on demo site here. No error is thrown.
12 years ago
Thanks for the reply Andrei.  No, I have not made any changes to the routes. In the demo site it looks as though it uses the standard registration vs. the email validation so I was not able to see the flow.
12 years ago
Yes, it uses standard registration. But it doesn't redirect you to "404.0 - Not Found" page. In your case it looks like 'Activation' method of 'Customer' controller is not found. Try to debug the application
12 years ago
Ok, I will have a look. The standard registration process does work correctly, the email validation appears to be the piece that is broken.
12 years ago
I have the same problem, nopCommerce 2.1, no modifications that may affect routing were made.
12 years ago
I have never been able to fix mine or determine what the problem is.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Yes, it uses standard registration. But it doesn't redirect you to "404.0 - Not Found" page. In your case it looks like 'Activation' method of 'Customer' controller is not found. Try to debug the application

Email validation in my case properly works on the local machine under the Visual Studio development server, however it fails to work with the remote server, maintained by ISP, where it was deployed using the same solution, built in Visual Studio.

BTW, it seems to me that the actual class method name is probably "AccountActivation", not "Activation"
12 years ago
This is also happening on the password recovery functionality as well.  So when a registered user clicks forget password an email notification comes through and you are suppose to click on the link in the email.  Same error happens.
12 years ago
Can you please make the following changes and let me know whether it helps:
1. Open \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CustomerController.cs
2. Replace
public ActionResult AccountActivation(Guid token, string email)

with
public ActionResult AccountActivation(string token, string email)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.