Cannot rate product!~

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi everyone,

So my client informed me that they noticed that they cannot rate 5 stars items if they are already rated 5 stars....the only way to counter this is to rate it 4 stars then click 5 stars...obviously that is misleading and no actual client would truly do that..

Any idea on what's causing this?

www.b-unik.com

Thank you very much!
12 years ago
This is a limitation of the Rating control in the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit as its _onStarClick event only sets the rating if it has changed.

See the following:
http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/9125

---

To change this behavior, you need to: get the source for AJAX Control Toolkit, modify RatingBehavior.pre.js, compile AJAX Control Toolkit, and replace the AjaxControlToolkit.dll assembly used by your version of nopCommerce.

The following is the change to make to RatingBehavior.pre.js (default code commented out):
    _onStarClick : function(e) {
        /// <summary>
        /// Handler for a star's click event
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="e" type="Sys.UI.DomEvent">
        /// Event info
        /// </param>
//        if (this._readOnly) {
//            return;
//        }
//        if (this._ratingValue != this._currentRating) {
//            this.set_Rating(this._currentRating);
//        }
        if (!this._readOnly) {
            this._ratingValue = 0;
            this.set_Rating(this._currentRating);
        }
    },
12 years ago
Thanks a lot!!

Will I need to recompile?..Is there a work around without having to recompile?
12 years ago
You shouldn't need to recompile nopCommerce, but you need to compile the AJAX Control Toolkit.

12 years ago
Alright will give it a try, thanks a lot again!~
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.